Friday 22 July 2011

Benefits of Networking

Things 6 and 7 of cpd23 are all about networking, both online through social networking and through face to face meetings. Since starting my job at Guildford College almost a year ago and starting my masters in Information and Library Management (distance learning) I have started to notice the enormous potential of networking - both to improve my personal and professional development and as a way of engaging and communicating with our users.

The main forms of networking I use are facebook, twitter, LISPN, online discussion boards as part of my masters and now this blog! I find them all extremely useful, they highlight key meetings and conferences that I might want to attend and they also allow me to talk to other professionals that have similar experiences to me. I find my online discussion forums that I use for my masters invaluable as they ensure I can communicate with lecturers and fellow students that are based all around the world, without this networking and support it would make the distance learning course a lot more difficult to complete.

As I am pretty new to this professional I feel that the next step is to take part in more face to face networking and attend conferences, workshops etc.

Rachel (Library Gossip Girl)

No comments:

Post a Comment