Friday 1 July 2011

What happened when we Googled ourselves....!

Hi everyone! Well we have just been completing thing 3 of the cpd23: my online presence. For this 'thing' we had to google our names and see what results we found, I was actually quite shocked about how much information I found!

This 'thing' was very interesting as it raised questions concerning how you are portraying yourself through social media such as twitter and blogs etc. It highlighted the importance of consistency across platforms. I tend to keep my facebook profile just for my personal use as a way of keeping in touch with friends, it is very important to use the privacy settings and make sure that others cannot see your profile. Especially as I work in a college we need to keep our personal information private from students. However I use twitter and this blog for professional reasons and too keep up to date with all the latest news and opinions.

Thing 3 was very interesting and really highlighted the importance of having a consistent and appropriate online presence, looking forward to thing 4...

Rachel

I feel exactly the same as Rachel I was surprised by what came up when I googled my name and have realised I might want to add some more privacy settings to my personal google account! Like Rachel I also use Facebook for personal use and Twitter and our new blog for professional use. I have heard a lot about Linkedin and would also like to investigate this in the future. Is anyone else using this?

Considering and developing my brand is something I am currently thinking about too and I had wished I had read about not using initials etc... in your Twitter name before I created it! Opps... Well I am still learning and this is why I am enjoying cpd23 so much already!

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment